Are you plagued with ‘flying squirrel’ arms?
So, you’ve been trying to shed some pounds to finally get into those jeans from your college days. And you think you’re making progress (somewhat) until you finally notice all that cardio and dieting has drained the fat from your hips (yay!) and bust (yikes) and left the rest of you looking frightfully disproportionate.
Why, oh why, can’t we ever seem to lose inches from our actual problem areas?
The same goes for sagging arms. Your weight loss efforts may have led to a successful vanquishing of fat from your thighs and belly, but the loose, jiggling folds of skin around your arms still prevent you from wearing the tank tops you love.
Oh, the agony!
If only there were a solution that didn’t involve patience and perseverance – snort! – or plastic surgery for, let’s face it, most of us haven’t got the will or the wallet for either. Not to mention, there’s the added little tidbit that people have been reported to actually lose their lives during cosmetic surgery.
Uh-huh. Not exactly my idea of money well spent either.
But don’t lose hope yet. Apparently, there is a remedy for loose, sagging skin, and it doesn’t entail us risking our health or the next month’s rent. The answer, ladies and gentlemen, is so very simple – camphor with coffee!
This combination of household ingredients has taken the Internet by storm. The online community is fairly agog at how miraculously these two everyday products, when combined with some moderate physical activity, can help resolve your sagging skin predicament in an astonishingly short amount of time.
Sounds too good to be true? Well, to all the cynics and haters out there, don’t knock it until you’ve tried it! You don’t need to spend your hard-earned money on outrageously expensive toning ointments and creams anymore. Just follow this simple recipe and prepare to be amazed by its incredible results.
This remedy doesn’t call for outlandishly exotic ingredients but cheap and affordable materials that you may already have in your kitchen. All you require is the following:
What You Need
- Artichoke x 1
- Coffee grounds x 1 cup
- Distilled water x 2 cups
- Camphor pills x 3
How To Prepare
- Pour two cups of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil. Add the artichoke and allow it to boil.
- Check with a spoon if the artichoke has begun to soften. Once it has sufficiently softened, turn the heat off and set it aside. Give it a few minutes to cool.
- Then, using a strainer, drain the water away and smash the softened artichoke to a paste with a fork or spoon. Alternatively, you could also puree it in a blender.
- Add the coffee grounds and camphor pills and mix thoroughly until all the ingredients have combined and formed a smooth paste of uniform consistency.
How To Use
- Take a handful of the paste and apply onto your problem areas. Ensure that you have used a sufficient amount of paste for both arms and equivalently covered all regions that contain sagging, loose folds of skin.
- Wrap a bandage or a plastic cling film around your arm to seal the paste in position and provide some heat.
- Leave it on for a minimum of 60 minutes and then proceed to unwrap your makeshift bandage. Rinse off the concoction with lukewarm water and some soap.
- For best results, repeat this treatment twice per week.
Why Does This Work?
The reason why the combination of camphor and coffee grounds is oh-so-effective in eliminating loose, sagging skin from your arms is because, together, these two ingredients help stimulate the synthesis of collagen in your body and combat water retention, thereby banishing any excess fluid from your problem areas.
You can use this simple remedy for not only your arms but also for loose, sagging skin around your hips, abdomen, hips or thighs that may have remained behind after drastic weight loss.
Along with this remedy, also remember to complement the treatment with a healthy diet. When it comes to skin-nourishing vitamins, the goodness of vitamin E is unmatched (1). Hence, remember to add vitamin E rich foods such as almonds, spinach, sweet potato, avocado, wheat germ, and sunflower seeds to your daily diet.
Additionally, stock up on some lush green vegetables and antioxidant-rich fruits like prunes, raisins, oranges, plums, and berries that fight toxic free radicals and help benefit skin health (2). And last – but by no means the least – don’t forget to indulge in some moderate exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes each day if you want to see results.
You don’t have to settle for ‘flying-squirrel’ arms anymore! Just use this easy-breezy remedy and watch the hateful loose, saggy folds of skin simply vanish.
Emaan is a voracious and rather indiscriminate reader. She is also a writer, history buff, insomniac, amateur doodle artist, terrible poet and a self-professed philosopher (but only after 3 am). Currently, she is pursuing a degree in medicine.